Saturday, December 5, 2009

Mobility for everyone




Disabled Veterans Inspired by Athletics

New VA Pilot Program Encourages Disabled Army Veterans to Surf and Cycle

 

Once you’ve seen how fast these racers can move, the term “disability” can seem inappropriate.



Over the years riding in Central Park I've met and ridden with lots of these truly amazing athletes.

Handcycles are not slow and give an amazing amount of freedom and mobility.Achilles are usually in the park as a group on Saturday mornings.

When I was in the bicycle business I had a Lightning Handcycle. I rode it through the city streets and was very impressed with the speed just peddling with my arms.

 

  Don't you think NYC should provide an infrastructure of bike way's that would allow them to cycle around  safely.Trike Handcyclists should have the same freedom and mobility that we do.When I was in the bicycle business I had a Lightning Handcycle. I rode it through the city streets and was very surprised at the speed I was able to get going.

 

  NOT JUST IN PARKS! 

 




Recumbent Trike Handcycles
Central Park , NYC


No comments:

Post a Comment